Finding the best office chair for yourself can be a rather difficult, time-consuming and expensive task.
After all, there are numerous options on the market and it’s easy to get lost with all that choice.
The good news is that you are in the right place!
MyErgonomiChair.com will help you find what you are looking (or, at least, give you an idea of what’s best for you).
On this page I included pretty much everything you need to know before buying a chair (as well as best office chair recommendations).
Let’s get right into it!
How to Choose Best Office Chair for Yourself
Update: I now have available a beautiful Office Chair Buying guide which you can get for free right into your in box.
Once you are out there hunting for the best option, you are quite probably limited by several factors.
Here is some of them at a glance:
“How much are you willing to pay for a chair?”, – this a question you will need to ask yourself.
Office chairs range from anywhere below $100 all the way up to $1000 and over (yeap, it gets pretty crazy).
Generally speaking, the more you are willing to pay, the better the chair is (i.e. better materials; more adjustments, which make sitting more comfortable; better warranty and so on).
These articles here can help you find what you are looking for:
- How to Buy an Office Chair on a Budget (also includes a secret tip on finding the best price)
- 4 Best Office Chairs Under $200
- 4 Best Office Chairs Under $300
- 4 Best Office Chairs Under $500
Many people already have office chairs, but they find sitting in them rather hard on their legs, backs, necks, shoulders and even hips.
You might, in fact, be one of them (I am for sure) and this would also be important factors for you, when making the final decision.
Here is what you can find useful for yourself:
- 4 Best Office Chairs for Back Pain & How to Sit On a Chair With Back Pain
- 5 Best Office Chairs for Neck Pain & What to Do If You Have Neck Pain While Sitting
- 4 Office Chairs for Leg Pain
- 4 Office Chairs for Hip Pain
Next comes the size.
How big are you?
Office chairs, just like many other things, are not one size fits all.
In fact, depending on your height and frame size, you might only have a few options available for yourself.
Here is something of help:
- XXX Things a Big and Tall Person Should Remember When Choosing an Office Chair
- Office Chairs for Tall People
- Office Chairs for Short People
- Office Chairs for Big & Tall People
Office Chair Manufacturers
A quick word on manufacturers and producers…
There is quite a few of regular chair producers that build affordable office chairs, which generally fall into under $300 price bracket. Here is some of them:
There is also a handful of well-known companies that produce top quality ergonomic chairs, which have a number of ‘smart features’.
These ‘smart features’ are provided on top of standard ergonomic features (e.g. adjustable armrests, tilt lock…).
Chairs produced by these companies are generally above $500.
Here are some of them:
- Herman Miller. Producer of the famous Aeron chair
Now, to put into a perspective, nearly all office chairs these days have a set of default ergonomic features (e.g. tilt lock, adjustable armrests etc).
However these higher-end companies provide more technologically advanced features
How to Adjust Office Chair
Now that you already have your chair, it’s time to adjust it, right?
Properly adjusted chair is like a guarantee that you will have a painless, comfortable and productive work in the office.
Here is what can help you do it the right way:
- XXX Things to Do to Properly Adjust Office Chairs (Step by Step Guide)
- How to Sit in Office Chair
- XXX Tips on How to Make Office Chair More Comfortable