This article will hep you find the best office ergonomic chair for leg pain.
Would agree that leg pain while sitting is not enjoyable at all?
I’m sure you would.
What if I was to tell you that leg pain may be dramatically reduced?!
In this article I will talk about why posture has a lot to do with leg pain and how a proper ergonomic office chair can help.
Pain & Posture: Obvious Connection
I’m sure you heard some form of this before:
Sit right! Straighten your back while sitting!
This conventional wisdom can be supported by science:
The study found significant associations between flexed postures and low back pain.
But wait a second…
What does posture have to do with leg pain?
Many times leg pain doesn’t originate in leg itself.
It originates in lower back.
There are many types of leg pain, including burning, tingling, constant…
However it nearly always has something to do with lower back.
The equation then becomes simple.
To fix leg pain, fix lower back.
And to fix lower back, fix the posture.
And this is when you need the best ergonomic office chair, so it keeps you in the right place at the right time.
Choosing the Best Ergonomic Office Chair for Leg Pain
So, we have just discovered that we need to carefully target low back if we want to deal with leg pain.
The following three chairs have proved high standards.
They showed that they help their owners effectively support their low backs.
#1: Steelcase Amia
Steelcase, if you are not in the ergonomic furniture world, is the Top Class.
These guys really know there stuff and provide highest quality possible.
They are expensive, but 100% worth it.
- Back includes a system of flexors for continuous lower back support which can help reduce leg pain
- Seat adjusts to your spine for the perfect fit
- Adjustable armrests can be moved in 4 dimensios
- Perfect fit from the first sit!
- Great Chair.
- Five Stars
#2: Herman Miller Aeron
I love Aeron with all my heart and not only because I own it myself.
Unlike most other chairs, Aeron comes in 3 different sizes – A, B and C.
- Posture Fit Back Support & Waterfall edge keep pressure off legs
- Adjustable Padded Arms
- Forward Tilt/Tilt Limiter
- The 12-Year Factory Warranty covers everything
- The high tech mesh fabric
- This is Aeron’s secret weapon for lower back
- Great if they worked
- Broke Down & Spent The Bucks, Glad I Did!
- Beautiful chair. Having used one for 4 years in …
#3: Ancheer Ergonomic
Last, bot not least comes this office chair by Ancheer.
Unlike the other two chairs, it also offers neck support, which is a definite plus.
- Adjustable headrest, backrest, armrest, seat, height…it’s impossible to not find a perfect fit!
- Smart design fit for proper comfortable sitting, ensuring MINIMUM pressure on your legs.
- Maximum arm support to decrease muscle strain.
- The S-shaped back, that resembles the spine’s natural curve
- User weight limit – 665lbs (!!!)
- Breathable back for sweatless working.
- I like it, but recliners beware.
- Assembly was easy and the comfort is over the top
- Excellent quality.
Best Ergonomic Office Chair for Leg Pain…
After considering the three models above, I made Amia the winner, but…
There is a small detail.
If you have the budget for (most likely) the best ergonomic office chair, then I insist you go for Aeron.
Amia, given price/quality ratio, is the best for leg pain.
Aeron is top class and makes sense, if you have the budget for it.
The choice is your.
P.S. Remember, you can always see what other people said about Amia and Aeron. Good luck!
I hope this article on the best ergonomic office chair for leg pain was useful.
I ope your problem will resolve very quickly!
Alternative Leg Pain Solutions
The good news is that you don’t need to buy an ergonomic chair to help resolve your leg pain while working, studying or playing.
There is a number of cheaper, more convenient solutions and here are some of them:
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00NIYHR0Q” locale=”US” tag=”mec-leg-pain-20″]Sciatic Nerve Leg Brace[/easyazon_link]. Reduces short- and long-term chronic sciatic back pain.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00LBUO8G0″ locale=”US” tag=”mec-leg-pain-20″]Calf Compression Sleeves[/easyazon_link]. Diminish lower leg pain discomfort.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B000WZOJCI” locale=”US” tag=”mec-leg-pain-20″]Sombra Pain Relieving Gel[/easyazon_link]. Good for acute pain stage as a means to decrease swelling and inflammation.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00GTLOUDM” locale=”US” tag=”mec-leg-pain-20″]Muscle Roller Stick[/easyazon_link]. Get rid of muscle knots and pain with self-massaging muscle stick.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B008GQ04S8″ locale=”US” tag=”mec-leg-pain-20″]Ortho Bed Wedge[/easyazon_link]. Helps to relax spinal cord and improve circulation.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00013YZGQ” locale=”US” tag=”mec-leg-pain-20″]Hyland’s Leg Cramps[/easyazon_link]. Homeopathic solution for relieving cramps in legs and lower body.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00GTLOUDM” locale=”US” tag=”mec-leg-pain-20″]Trigger Point Therapy for Leg Pain[/easyazon_link]. Learn how to deal with trigger points in feet, ankles and knees.
Leg Pain Reasons & Solutions
When it comes to leg pain while sitting, there are two possible scenarios.
The pain source is located in the leg itself or in some other place – usually in the lumbar region of the spine (e.g. sciatic nerves irritation).
If you think that you do have some lower back issues, check out this article – you might be amazed to discover that your lower back is also not the culprit behind your pain (spoiler – it’s the hips).
If you feel like sitting is not an option, try a [easyazon_link identifier=”B00LNEB9KW” locale=”US” tag=”mec00-20″]standing desk[/easyazon_link], [easyazon_link identifier=”B000TMFSQK” locale=”US” tag=”mec00-20″]kneeling[/easyazon_link] and [easyazon_link identifier=”B0007VB4NE” locale=”US” tag=”mec00-20″]ball chair[/easyazon_link].
Switching frequently between these sitting (and standing) alternatives will keep your posture musculature in shape and might help you to resolve your leg pain eventually.