Last Updated on by
If you are in a hurry and just want to find the…
Best big and tall office chair: Posturion’s 400-LB Executive Big & Tall Office Chair
If you are looking for the best heavy duty office chair…you are in the right place!
Today I am sharing with you the 8 top rated big and tall office chairs that I found while searching for the right office chair for my…khm…big butt 😀
I also point out the exact features I paid attention to during my search…so I hope that would be of help to you 😉 Ready? Read on about our big and tall office chairs!
8 Best…for Big and Tall People at a Glance
And now…let’s look closer at every single big and tall office chair in more details!
This is the first of the two office chairs for big and tall guys and gals from Posturion. This is a particular big and tall executive chair that can handle anyone weighing up to 400 pounds so if you were trying to find something decently comfortable (and ergonomic) this might be the big and tall office chair for you! Unlike some of the other tall executive chairs, this one has a pretty tall backrest (29 inches top to bottom) which is great if you are actually a bigger type of guy.
What’s more extravagant…it has a built-in massaging system that is focused on 3 specific areas – back, waist and thigh. There are 2 points per area which makes it 6 points altogether. So if you ever fancied an executive office chair that would also help you to relax, this is the one you should definitely consider!
The remote control (which you can carefully store in a special pocket that sits on the chair) will help you to set the mode, intensity and time that you desire. That sounds really cool…especially during a busy day! This big and tall chair itself comes packed with all sorts of ergonomic features you would expect from a big and tall executive chair.
- Weight capacity: 400 pounds
- Adjustable height
- 5-Claw base with smooth rolling casters
- Soft faux leather
- Rocking function
- Integrated headrest
- Padded armrest
- Humanized lumbar support (best office chair feature)
- Extra wide seat
PROs of the Chair
After giving it a try here are the main PROs of this big and tall model I could spot.
1. The order was very quick to arrive (around 6 days with the store’s free delivery) and they have 90-day money back guarantee in case you don’t like it. Pretty good deal.
2. This tall executive office chair does feel very sturdy (it’s pretty heavy at 52 lbs) and that’s a big plus for anyone who has been on the hunt for something strong and durable – great!
3. The faux leather and additional padding feel super comfortable…even during prolonged sitting.
4. The rocking function helps to move back and forth (0-20 degrees) which is great because you can just lean backwards and relax for a while.
5. The 5-claw base is very sturdy and the level of comfort/stability it provides is very important for heavy duty office chairs because they prevent unnecessary falls.
6. The surface of the office chair is smooth and breathable (as much as faux leather could be). It’s also quite easy to clean in case you need to do that.
CONs of the Chair
I didn’t find much negative feedback about this executive office chair but here are some points.
1. Even though they mention that the faux leather is breathable, it doesn’t mean that it actually is. I feel like I would still sweat on a hot day regardless of the material (less so with mesh back though).
2. Doesn’t have an adjustable lumbar support which would have been great.
Is it the best office chair in our list? You decide!
The hercules of big and tall office chairs is HON’s VL705. If you want the best Amazon top-rated HON chair, you should check out the HON VL705 chair. Its black fabric seat upholstery is stuffed with ample padding to allow you to sit comfortably even when you work for many hours.
As a big and tall office chair, HON VL705 offers superior lumbar support to prevent back and neck pain and to provide a personalized big and tall fit. You will also be amazed by the many convenient adjustment features of the HON desk chair, including its tilt tension and lock which allows you to recline easily. The arms of this executive office chair can also be raised and lowered and moved in and out to reduce shoulder or forearm strain.
The office chair has a 360-degree swivel action so you can reach for things in your workspace while still being seated in the chair. Let’s look at the chair features that this big and tall chair brings to the table!
- Item Dimensions 25.63″ x 30.25″ x 42.88″ (L x W x H)
- Seat Depth 19 inches
- 360 degree swivel
- Synchro tilt mechanism
- Upright tilt lock
- Tilt tension
- Pneumatic seat height
- HON 5-Year Limited Warranty (best office chair warranty)
- 450 lbs capacity
PROs of the Chair
This is a very pretty executive office seat so let’s look at what I really liked about it.
1. The office chair does not come assembled but it literally takes a few minutes to put it together and you can do it all by yourself (or with a little help from someone if necessary).
2. This is a truly robust office chair that can handle anyone up to 450 lbs. It feels very solid and it’s built like a tank. You will benefit from HON’s 5-year warranty in case you will ever need anything to be replaced on this chair. That’s a big plus!
3. Breathable mesh back is a huge benefit because it will help curb those sweat stains on particularly hot days. Mesh also makes the office chair lighter and it’s easy to clean in case you need it.
4. Seat cushion is firm which helps if you decide to sit on it for a few hours throughout the day. Generally, I prefer denser seats exactly for that reason. It’s weird but softer cushions to be less comfortable if you sit on them for long periods of time.
5. Lumbar support is adjustable and provides good lower back support. I think that is particularly handy if you experience any back pain or spine tension.
6. It is great to see adjustable armrests that you can move both, vertically and horizontally, to accommodate your size and frame. Armrests like these help to reduce tension in neck and upper back muscles because they allow your elbows to rest on them while you are typing or working at your desk. The armrests are padded which brings additional comfort to elbows.
CONs of the Chair
Just like the other office chairs on this list, this is a great big and tall model but it does have a few negative points.
1. You do have to replace the pads on the armrests every few years, as the surface cracks and breaks into rubbery chunks after awhile, but the rest of the office chair has been stellar. Not a big deal but they could thought that through.
2. Mesh back fabric may feel a bit coarse to some people but you will probably get used to it pretty fast. I believe that there is a trade-off between softness and longevity, so if it feels coarse it will last!
Maybe this is the best big and tall office chair for you? Learn more!
Another model from Posturion’s set of big and tall office chairs. In essence, it’s almost identical to the one that can handle 400 lbs with the only exception…this one can accommodate anyone all the way up to 500 lbs.
Granted, the price tag for this is a little bit higher but it still is within the reach of being called “budget” sitting right under $300. The only real differences are in this executive chair’s dimensions – this 500-lb capacity office chair is slightly bigger than it’s “smaller” 400-lb brother.
And here is what the measurements are for it
- Material: PU, PVC, iron
- Dimension: 30″ x 30″ x 46″ – 50″ (L x W x H)
- Backrest size: 21″ x 28.5″ (L x W)
- Seat size: 22.5″ x 21″ (L x W)
- Net weight: 49.5 lbs
- Can handle 500 lbs
- 360 degree swivel
- High back design
The only thing I’m slightly confused about is the chair’s net weight. It appears that this 500-lb model is 2.5 pounds lighted than it’s 400-lb twin. Maybe it is really the case or maybe it is a discrepancy they have on the website for their best big and tall seat.
PROs of the Chair
Another executive seat that I really liked…let’s check it out in more details.
1. Like with the other office chairs, the delivery is free and takes around 7 days from the moment when the office chair is shipped out (that usually happens within 48 hours). You can also track the office chair using the tracking number they provide.
2. The assembly is quite straight forward and doesn’t require much time. All in all, 15-25 minutes is all you will need. No special tools are required and everything is included in the package (including the manual).
3. Bigger sizes and dimensions are a significant bonus if you are a bigger type of person but you don’t necessarily need to be over 400 lbs to enjoy those benefits…in fact, you can still get this office chair with bigger weight capacity even if you are under 400 lbs!
4. Massage chair feature is a nice little addition that I personally would not even think about at first. However, it is actually a brilliant little feature that can help you relax if you are having a tough day or just feeling a bit down. I wouldn’t expect any therapeutic effects from it but a little vibration in those 3 stress-prone areas (back, waist, thigh) sure can help to bring that stress down.
5. A number of ergonomic features help to add as much comfort as possible. Integrated headrest, think padded arm rests, sturdy lumbar support and extra wide seat with waterfall edge all contribute to one single goal – help you stay comfortable while sitting for as long as possible.
6. I also want to point out just how stable and sturdy this office chair feels with its 5-claw wheel base that insures extra stability (so you want fall off the chair while leaning on its backrest). The caster wheels make it easy to move the chair around and that’s a big plus if you need to use this office chair in different areas.
7. The sponge this chair is made with is absolutely astonishing! The comfort it brings…even if you are sitting all day, is remarkable. I am actually curious to know what exactly that is.
CONs of the Chair
Just like with its little brother, there isn’t much negative comments I could provide about this chair.
1. Again, I reckon that the breathability is this chair’s weak point. They mention that the faux leather they use is breathable but I doubt that would really help on a hot day so get prepared for those sweat stains! (mesh would really help with that but there are other cons to using it).
This is the best big and tall office chair? Find that out…
This executive office chair from Payhere stands out of the competition with an endorsement from Office Chair USA. The design of this big and tall executive chair has comfort in mind. This is one of the tall office chairs that features a cushioned backrest as well as headrest and armrest. This feature relieves any discomfort associated with prolonged seating like back pain. This big and tall chair also comes with an extra thick gas lift.
The lift passed regulatory testing to deliver safe, comfortable and convenient adjusting of this quality heavy duty office chair. This office chair also features most of those found in a modern office chair.
- Weight capacity: 500 lbs
- Steel frame
- Real high back design
- Integrated headrest
- Padded armrest
- 360 degree swivel
- Adjustable tilt tension and spin
- Pneumatic seat height with improved piston
Aside from these chair features, it is also easy to clean which is a massive benefit…especially if you are sitting here and there during a hot summer. It comes in smooth, supple leather that is water-resistant, which makes it very easy to swipe coffee spills or crumbs when you’re done snacking (well, in case that happens – you never know really?).
Next executive office seat…time to look at its PROs!
1. Well-padded backrest and seat that gives great support to the body. Padding on this office chair is really taking to the next level and you can certainly feel it from the moment you sit down on it.
2. Sturdy construction capable of lifting heavy people which is a must if you claim the ability to handle anyone weighing 500 lbs or less.
3. Just like other office chairs in this review, this one does not arrive assembled so you will need a bit of time and instructions (which are included) to put this one together. All in all, it’s pretty easy to do and should take no more than 10-20 minutes.
4. The back and seat are well padded which means longer comfort throughout the day.
5. Workmanship appears to be pretty decent as stitching seems to be even without any frays.
6. The frame itself is pretty sturdy and solid. The “legs” are made out of metal and wheels roll smooth…even on carpet.
Like with other office chairs, there is some negative feedback about this chair and here what it is all about.
1. Lack of adjustable armrests doesn’t help with removing tension from the neck (especially if you are a reeeeally tall executive)
2. The pneumatic pistons will give out within months and even the casters will give eventually. Perhaps this is just a misfortune but you still have 90 days to get your money back if that happens (note that the warranty only applies for a standard 40-hour work week and not a 24/7 multi-shift usage.
How about this option…is this the best big and tall office chair? Check price…
Next executive office seat in our review…
Rocking back and forth, double padding and memory foam are some features that make this High Back Big & Tall leather office chair an easy choice. Reficcer claims that this big and tall office chair can be easily adjusted. It does not matter whether the user is big and tall or small and short.
The chair has an easy adjustment to fit the height and comfort of its user. It also comes with a seat-side cable actuated lever that allows you to easily slide into a reclined position. In terms of construction and materials used, the High Back Back & Tall office chair comes in materials of the best quality.
The office chair is upholstered with faux leather, high-density foam padding, heavy-duty metal base, and nylon rolling casters. The chair is also capable of holding a person weighing up to 400 pounds. This big and tall office chair by Reficcer also comes with the following chair features.
- Weight capacity: 400 lbs
- Heavy-duty metal base
- High back design
- Tilt tension knob
- Waterfall seat edge
- 360 degree swivel
- High quality leather
1. The chair is not assembled when it arrives but you can put it together in no time even though it’s quite heavy (all the tools and manuals are included in the package).
2. Very heavy base which is great for stability (especially when it comes to bigger guys and girls) and the chair itself is very well-made – can’t complain about workmanship and quality of the material.
3. Sitting comfort is spectacular. Going through long hours of work (or gaming) feels amazing for a big and tall office chair of this caliber.
4. Bonded leather looks stylish and, in case something nasty happens – it is very easy to clean and care for. I also like the feel of it while sitting as I don’t slip off like with mesh back chairs.
5. Ergonomics is also a big advantage of this office chair – it helps me to maintain a good posture while I sit, remove stress and tension from my lower back and spine. Definitely good work with this one!
6. Another great addition to the extended comfort this chair is already providing is its ability to allow me lean back and rest in different angles when I just want to relax. I didn’t expect this to have a big effect but it’s pretty amazing…especially during a long day while working from home!
Here are a few negative points that I noticed after reviewing this big and tall seat.
1. Non-adjustable armrests might not be useful for really tall people. This also applies to the chair’s backrest which is not really high. So if you are particularly tall, I would recommend looking for an alternative best big and tall office chair.
2. Lacks adjustable lumbar support which would have been a nice addition to the overall great chair. Standard back support is still there though.
Best big and tall seat? Learn more…
AmazonBasics came up with this best big and tall office chair for the heavyweights, literally and figuratively. This ergonomic big and tall office chair is as dynamic as it can get. It is capable of handling weight up to 500 pounds. It an adjustable swivel chair made out of premium materials including bonded leather and heavy-duty metal. This big and tall office chair also comes with high-backed executive style backrest with ergonomic support.
It was specifically designed for big and tall individuals which means that…it has a spacious seat that is wider compared to standard tall office chairs on the market. This executive chair also got great executive style to fit any office! Will it help it to be the best big and tall option out there? Even though they used bonded leather (instead of the real thing), it looks and feels pretty good. The office chair gives a vibe that it is something a businessman would sit on.
It features a 5-point base that is capable of 360 degrees rotation. It obviously comes with caster wheels which allow easy movement around the room without leaving the comfort of this beast. All in all, if you are looking for an affordable big and tall office chair, this is possibly the one but…let’s look at it a little closer.
- Black bonded leather upholstery and pewter metal finish
- High back executive design with full-body support
- Pneumatic height adjustment
- 5-point base with hooded caster wheels
- 360 degree swivel
- 500 pounds weight capacity
- BIFMA Certified
- 31.1 x 29.5 x 45.5 Inches
- Seat dimensions: 23″ W and 21″ L
This is one of the more budget options in this review but, nonetheless, it has quite a number of real advantages – let’s check them ll out…
1. Quick delivery (it arrives in a big box) and easy assembly with everything you need available included in the package.
2. It’s a very comfortable office chair with a lot of cushion. It almost feels like sitting on a cloud! I love the feeling that the headrest gives when I put my head on it. It’s almost too soft…hard to not fall asleep!
3. Even though this chair does not have too many ergonomic chair features, it is still well-designed for an average big guy or girl. The tilt mechanism is a nice addition for anyone looking to sit in a slightly inclined position.
4. The backrest is actually high back which provides great comfort and back support for the taller people among us. Not a very common feature even within the big and tall office chairs!
5. Its wider seat area (23″ W and 21″ L) is quite comfortable for prolonged sitting and provides all sorts of padding you might need. Real comfort here!
6. Sturdy plastic caster allows movement without effort across the room so you can turn it into a gaming chair and move around with ease!
And now is the time for a bunch of negative points.
1. It lacks the ability to recline and can only tilt. This is not really a big deal but I would consider reclining to be one of the more basic chair features.
2. I wouldn’t consider armrests that are not adjustable a CON in this specific case at this specific price point but it is what it is. If you are a taller type of guy, you might find little use in those armrests after all.
This office chair has a great lumbar support but…it’s missing the adjustability feature which, again, at this price point is not really something you would naturally expect.
But is it the best office seat out there?
Reficcer got a second entry in this best big and tall office chair list! This time, it is the big and tall reclining leather office chair. This one distances itself from the other Reficcer with its lumbar support knob which is an upgrade. The feature is helpful for those looking for additional ergonomics and high back support that can be easily adjusted to fit their level of comfort.
The lumbar support knob allows convenient adjusting of the pressure on the backrest. This feature allows maximum comfort especially when spending all day sitting.
The office chair can be reclined so the pressure on the spine can be reduced that way (a pretty common feature for any big and tall executive office chair nevertheless). It comes with a knob for easy adjusting as well as a convenient and dependable lock to keep the chair’s position depending on the user’s liking. Aside from the lumbar support knob, this Reficcer office chair arrives with all the features people love from the brand, which includes:
- Breathable bonded leather
- Extra soft padding
- Large high back
- 360 degree swivel
- Heavy-duty metal base
- Ability to hold up to 400 lbs
1. Delivery doesn’t take long and it’s quite easy to put this chair together without any additional equipment or tools (everything is included with the box and putting it all together shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes…they even include a protective glove for you!).
2. The foot support feature provides comfort for tired feet which can also help to reduce unnecessary swelling and improve blood flow to the legs and feet.
3. Actually a pretty breathable bonded leather material which does seem to generate less heat than other models I tried. This is a big advantage…especially on those hot summer days!
4. The chair is sturdy and solid. The base looks like it’s pure metal that surely can withstand 400 lbs or possibly even more (even though that would make the warranty invalid)
5. I like the reclining feature! I never know when I may be working overtime and need a power nap during a break, or when the next big snow storm hits and I can’t leave work for a while. This one feature almost literally transforms this chair into a sofa – how good is that?!
6. Better headrest support where anyone can rest while taking a break. Back support helps to provide more comfort too.
A bunch of negative impressions…as always.
1. Small wheel base compared to the size of this computer chair. This might not effect all the users of this chair but bigger people may want to pay attention to this bit of design because it will have a negative effect on how stable the chair actually is under you. Wider will base brings more stability whereas smaller wheel base takes away from it.
2. The footrest can be a little tricky to use so I advise you look into how exactly it works. Personally, I can’t see myself using it while working because at my desk…however, if you are buying this as a gaming chair or for things like watching TV, then you might want to make sure it fits your requirements.
3. The design itself could be thought through slightly better. For example, the recline adjusting know is positioned fairly awkwardly.
Smugdesk is a brand known for releasing many of the most comfortable tall office chairs in the market. This high back executive office chair for big and tall guys is no different. It really continues the brand’s legacy by doing quite a number of great things. For example…
It uses high-quality materials including durable bonded leather, high-density mesh to make the material breathable, and a five-star metal base that allows it to carry someone weighing up to 350 lbs. The design of the backrest provides maximum comfort for prolonged sitting. It also comes with a three-degree curved design to complement the curve of your spin. Aside from being sturdy and classy, this big and tall office chair by Smugdesk also comes with simple controls.
This feature allows easy reclining or raising of the back according to the level of comfort. It features a knob that offers a supportive recline allowing maximum comfort during long days at the office. Lumbar support is also integrated with this executive chair which makes it a reasonable contender for the best big and tall title. Yes, back support like that is a big plus.
The chair’s design comes with comfortable lumbar pads to allow an improved seating experience which, again, is great for all day sitting. Lastly, tall people might appreciate its ability to easily adjust the height of this computer chair. It comes with a lever allowing you to adjust it in the range of 3.9 inches.
- Breathable leather material that makes the office chair more cooler and comfortable in any season
- Nice ergonomic design that provides great body support as a working or gaming chair
- Tilt lock that allows positioning of the computer chair in various angles
- Limited recline might not meet the level of comfort (especially if you use it as a computer chair)
Which is The Best?
Posturion’s Massage Chair wins as the best office seat overall!
Tall and heavy people might want to check this office chair out. This Reficcer office chair was able to incorporate all the essentials. Especially those mentioned by professionals that must be present in a perfect ergonomic office chair. The chair trumps everyone in this list with its lumbar support knob function. This knob allows you to increase or decrease the pressure on the backrest. This ability helps in adjusting the comfort whether the user prefers the backrest to be soft or hard depending on the time of the day.
8 Things to Remember When Looking for a Big & Tall Office Chair
What do you keep in mind when shopping for the best big and tall chair..? The easy answer is – different strokes for different folks but…there are some features that bigger people really need in a big and tall office chair:
1. Chair Height Adjustment
Computer chair height adjustment is a basic feature…but I recommend that you pick an office chair with a solid, bullet-proof height control! Office chairs breaking under heavy folks is NOT unheard of…here is the proof:
Medical professionals recommend that you get yourself an ergonomic office chair with a seat depth of between 2 and 4 inches from the edge of the office chair to the back of the knees. They also advise that it best to get one that comes with a seat depth adjustment feature. I agree with that – seat depth control helps to adjust your posture and battle any low back pain, upper back muscle strain etc. Having said this, this is not an absolute must-have feature because you can just get an adjustable back control (check out the office chairs I reviewed above).
This feature is an essential one! Prolonged sitting can easily strain your back. An ergonomic office chair with a seat tilt feature allows you to change from one position to another. Sit tilt will allow you to adopt a dynamic posture and movement while sitting. Mind you…seat tilt control must be super strong for the same reason – we need a solid big tall chair!
To me, this is a must. Especially for a high back. I also recommend looking into height adjustable lumbar back support because, I found, that’s how you can fine-tune your office chair for your body type. It will help you to sit in a comfortable posture which, by the way, is around 135-degrees (I found this research reported by BBC). This is also when your seat tilt adjustment would become handy…just like the tension adjustment which I am about to cover now.
Tension adjustment makes it easier to recline or bring back the office chair in its natural position without having to the body to force it to sit back or pull it once it is to return to its normal state. I love tension adjustment because sometimes I want the office chair to be a bit more sturdy…and sometimes I am in a more relaxed mood (I can sort of adjust my productivity by changing the tension – not sure why that happens).
The recommended ergonomic office chair for big and tall people is one that supports the elbow to permit the natural posture of your back. Ideally, it should leave the elbows at around 90-110 degrees angle. Armrests can come with a myriad of controls, but height is the basic one which I would totally recommend getting…especially if your job evolves around typing. I always keep my elbows on the armrests when working of my laptop – it helps me to reduce the strain in the upper back and neck muscles. It also helps with headaches which is essential if you want best office performance!
Proper Position While Sitting Down
Professionals recommend sitting with your back on the chair. This position will prevent you from slouching while maintaining the S-shape of your spine. They also advise reclining from time to time which I have just covered. In other words, if you pick the right option and adjust it correctly, you will find yourself sitting in the most optimal position.
Where Your Feet Should Be
The stability of the feet is another factor to consider when sitting down. I discovered that the feet and buttocks should be in a triangular position when seated. It allows the body to remain comfortable for a long period of sitting down. Additionally, those who opt to recline their office chairs at certain times should use a special pillow to maintain the stability of the feet (of reaching the floor is not possible).
Were you able to find the absolute best big and tall office chair that would fit your budget?