This article will help you to choose the best office ergonomic chair to help diminish or completely resolve tailbone pain.
Table of Contents
Coccyx pain sucks.
This type of pain, the one you would never really think of before actually having it, is pretty annoying. 🙁
Moving around the seat, trying to sit on pillows and other ways of trying to relief coccyx pain…no bueno.
Truth be said, in most cases this pain disappears within a couple of weeks, so you don’t need to bother with an ergonomic chair at all!
However there are certain things that can, unfortunately, bring it back.
- Prolonged seating
- Ageing and others degenerative issues
In these cases you probably need to consider an ergonomic solution and here are some ideas for you.
All these chairs have everything one needs for taking care of their backbone – high level of adjustability, comfort and ergonomics.
Quality Ergonomic Chairs for Coccyx Pain Reduction
[thrive_icon_box color=’blue’ style=’1′ image=’https://myergonomicchair.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/1-1.png’]
LCH Ergonomic High Back Leather
This chair is a best seller in its own category.
Even though you might not expect too much from a chair that’s well under $200, it’s a fairly sophisticated piece of furniture.
I recommend you check it out in more details.
- Ergonomic and adjustable design
- Supports up to 250 lbs
- 1 year warranty & satisfaction guarantee
- Flip-up arms you can easily elevate
- Waterfall sit edge help to release pressure from legs and possibly coccyx
- Explosion-proof gas lift
- Not as sturdy as it might look
[thrive_icon_box color=’blue’ style=’1′ image=’https://myergonomicchair.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/1-2.png’]
VIVA OFFICE Ergonomic Chair
A very simple yet attractive chair produced by VIVA OFFICE.
It’s not exactly ergonomic (you can tell that by the price) but the seat has a nice, comfortable cushion which can help to soothe coccyx pain & discomfort.
- Breathable mesh fabric
- Pneumatic gas lift for height adjustment
- Supports up to 250 lbs
- 2-year free component exchange
- The seat is a resilient healthy sponge for all-day comfort
- Might not be comfortable for when sitting too long
[thrive_icon_box color=’blue’ style=’1′ image=’https://myergonomicchair.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/1-3.png’]
Herman Miller Aeron (Size B – Carbon)
The Aeron is the ultimate chair for the whole-body support. Not only it takes care of your coccyx, hips and legs, but it also addresses back and even neck pain.
I own Aeron myself and highly recommend it as a long-term investment.
- Comes in 3 different sizes for a perfect fit
- Pellicle material supports the entire body and helps it to stay relaxed and pain-free
- 12-year warranty
- Very comfortable armrests
- Kinemat tilt mechanism allows the chair to move with your body
- Supports between 140 and 300 pounds (depending on the size)
- It’s not cheap (but it’s worth it for 12 years)
[thrive_icon_box color=’blue’ style=’1′ image=’https://myergonomicchair.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/4-1.png’]
Flash Furniture High Back Chair
Flash Furniture’s high back mesh chair is Amazon’s choice for a reason.
Very comfortable, simple and sturdy this is a nice option of you also ned extra neck support.
Great price and quality – check it out.
- High Back Design with Adjustable Headrest
- Ventilated Mesh Back Material
- Built-In Lumbar Support
- Tilt Lock Mechanism
- Tilt Tension Adjustment Knob
- Armrest height is not adjustable
[thrive_icon_box color=’blue’ style=’1′ image=’https://myergonomicchair.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/5.png’]
TOPSKY Mesh Computer Chair
Another top choice – TOPSKY’s mesh chair.
Overall it’s pretty strong and provides value for money.
Also, have you ever seen an ergonomic chair with coat hanger?
- Adjustable lumbar cushion
- Soft & adjustable armrests
- Supports up to 330 lbs
- 3D adjustable headrest
- High density strength mesh helps with air circulation
- 1 year warranty
- Apparantely the chair comes with terrible instructions but it’s possible to figure it out
Coccyx Pain Relief – Quick Fix
Even though I do believe that an ergonomic chair is a must have in the long term (I have the Aeron myself), there are quick fixes to the tailbone pain.
All you need is a pillow!
Top 3 Coccyx Pain Relief Ergonomic Cushions
These cushions are designed in a way to help reduce the pressure on the tailbone, so that the pain disappears (just like in the video above).
Here are the 3 types listed – wedge, cushion and donut cushion.
These can be used in your car, office or any other place where you need to sit, but can’t bring your ergonomic chair to.
Struggling with some other type of pain?
Have a look at ergonomic chairs picked specifically for: