Posted by| Last Updated
Did you know that an average American sits for 13 hours a day or (almost) 197.7 days each year?
Given that, I am going to show you 9 best budget office chairs you can use for home and office. 🙂
And the best part…
All of these chairs are quality and cost less than 200 USD.
You can also check out these chairs under $300 here.
Let’s kick off! 😎
3 Super-Duper Budget Chairs
- A lot of manufacturing experience (they know how to design things right)
- Great customer support (based on numerous reviews of verified buyers)
- Super fast delivery (thanks to Amazon’s Prime)
Now, about the chair itself.
4 Budget Chairs for Those Who are not Short of a Bob or Two
Done with 100-dollar chairs…
Let’s now look at these (still) budget models. 😀
Generally speaking, the options in this price category have a bit better:
- quality and design
Based on my research, these 4 affordable chairs will point you in the right direction:
Let’s look at each of them closer…
Still Budget but Impressive
What Makes a Quality Chair?
Let’s agree that a budget ergonomic chair can’t cost more than 200 US dollars.
As I reviewed chairs for this article, I realized that you can get all sorts of good (yet cheap) options. 😉
However, even at this price, you should really choose chairs that are:
- Comfortable. So they suit your size and height.
- Quality. You won’t get a “chair Bentley” for this price but the 7 below are as close as it gets.
- Adjustable. This is what ergonomic chairs are really about.
3 Tips for Buying on a Budget...
These 3 tips will help you to not just find the right option for you to buy…
They can also help you save some extra cash. 🙂
Now to the point…
Tip 1: Make Sure It Fits
You can get a chair from Amazon and send it back if you didn’t like it or…if it didn’t fit you.
You can potentially avoid this by going to your local furniture retailer and try to find that chair.
But really try to test it before actually sticking to it.
And here is an ideal posture you should be able to maintain while sitting. Headrest, backrest and seat – this trio have a major role to support the spine and pelvis.
The shape of the headrest and backrest should follow the anatomical curve of the body. This is the only way to effectively reduce the load on the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
And at the same time, it ensures the full functioning of the lungs, as well as sufficient saturation of the brain and other organs with oxygen.
Tip 2: “Hack” Amazon
Don’t worry, you shouldn’t hack anything but you should know this:
Amazon changes retail prices so often and sometimes they drop big time!
Fortunately, there is a way to use that to your advantage (and save extra dollars).
To do that, you would need to install Amazon’s price tracker extension for Chrome – Keepa. 😎
You will then be able to assess the historical price changes and buy at the right moment at the best price possible.
Tip 3: Pay attention to the upholstery
Practical, elegant and durable upholstery can be found in any price segment:
- Genuine leather is more durable and pleasant to touch than artificial, but the cost of a chair can go beyond the budget.
- Artificial leather, as a rule, is represented by two types: eco-leather and PU. Unlike eco-leather, PU is more brittle and less wear-resistant.
Additives and plasticizers are not used in the manufacture of eco-leather. The basis is cotton fabric coated with a polyurethane layer, instead of PU. Polyurethane does not emit toxic substances, being completely safe and environmentally friendly material. The advantage of these materials is they are easy to care.
- Fabric – the most comfortable material regardless of the temperature in the room, unlike the leather and its substitutes. This is a breathable material: be sure there will be no sticking effect in the hot season. This material requires more careful cleaning.
- Mesh. Its advantage is “breathing” properties, elasticity, resilience and strength. There are several types of mesh. The most popular is polyester, which serves as a substitute for cotton and silk. It is used as upholstery material on the back of a chair.
Sometimes lots of features imply many fixes in future as all of them need constant repairing in view of regular usage. So I believe the chair has to be handy and comfortable – that’s it! 😉
And it’s great when you could buy it once a few years, use them every day in the office, be sure your spine, neck, and hips are ok – and replace it with a new one.
No worries with repairing, removing or changing the parts once in a few months for it to serve you for a dozen years.
I hope this article helped you to find exactly what you are looking for.
You can find more info below and at our homepage.